09 September 2009

Giant Fucking Houndstooth

September and schools days arrived on the door step. Even though it is now warmer than it was for most of the summer, I anticipate the arrival of fall clothes. Here come soft sweaters, cozy coats, and tweed skirts. Unfortunately, this is a poisoned gift. For with outerwear comes the arrival of my enemy:


GIANT FUCKING HOUNDSTOOTH

"But wait" you cry out. "What's wrong with houndstooth? It's just a pattern."

Houndstooth is a beautiful pattern that I very much like. My hate is very specific like a heat seeking missile, aimed only at over-sized houndstooth.


It's hard to put a finger on why over-sized houndstooth drives me crazy. It is nails on a chalk board, weird texture of your food type of off putting to me. It is like drinking your soda only to realize that someone replaced your delicious calorie-ridden Coke with diet RC cola with a Chernobyl's radiated water after taste.

This pattern looks like terribly pixelated, as if someone was enlarging a picture without smoothing it over.



Let's stop this plague of a pattern.


Photo credit/examples:
Preen
Lulu's Mini McQueen Skirt

No comments: