To be honest, I have no idea what this is
but I'll go as it next year
"But," you say, "I don't know what to wear for Halloween this year and I don't have a spare change of some country's traditional costume to wear. Should I go to the store and get a costume?"
Stop right there, civilian! Halloween is fun because you either 1) spent months painstalking making a detailed costume that about three people will get, or 2) throw a costume together from whatever you have lying around the house. Store bought costumes usually blow and should only be bought as a last resort, such as if your planned costume perished in a fire and you have a party to go to as your house is still smoldering.Usually store costumes are itchy, expensive, and barely hold together through the night. (Store bought parts of costumes are OK though.)
But where to get an idea for a costume? Fear not, citizen. The Internet is here to help you.
I present The Something Awful Forum's Halloween thread. Over 30 pages of freakiest and geekiest people posting past costumes and current plans for this year. If there is one thing SA goons like, it's nerdy costumes. Frequent favorites are the classic cardboard box robot, Portal themed costumes, Daft Punk, Hunter S. Thompson, zombies of all careers, beer box/playing card samurai, Captain Hammer, Pyramid Head, and horse heads.
Thirst for Savings's Pyramid Head costume. Myspace Pose.
Henchmen #21 and #24 from "The Venture Brothers" and some women flashing their undies
Fnordia as Mothra! (Bonus: The tiny psychic twins)
Kalho Freida by spoch
- For people who majored in art history: Consider Van Gogh. Tape over one of your ears. Carry a wax ear with you in a bloodied tissue.
- Get a couple friends and go as The Bag Brothers: Plastic, Paper, and Sleeping!
- If you can pull at your eyelids, dress completely normal and wear these "Jaws" sclera contacts. This is much more frightening to see in real life than you'd expect.
- Dress normally but wear a horse head mask.
- To be one of the "Golden Girls" is easy to do. Don't tell your mom though what you're borrowing her clothes/jewelry for. She might get upset and have another midlife crisis.
- Going with a date? Forget the tired cliches of Cleopatra/Mark Antony, pimp/ho, or devil/angel. Go as Carmen Sandiego and Where's Waldo.
- Failing anything, decapitate a Carebear and wear its corpse.