26 July 2009

Models: Benjamin Brixby's dude

For what little talent I have for female fashion, I have even less at male fashion. Despite my inability to rarely care about men's clothes beyond wolf shirts, I thought this model (found modeling Benjamin Brixby on Gilt) was pretty snazzy.


Sure his coat looks eerily like mine and the bow tie is a little odd but damn, that is a sweet coat and those are some sweet shoes.

Unfortunately about two pictures away he starts to dress like a crazy person and continues to that look for the rest of the page. While the clothes on a whole are not bad, throwing all of them together at once looks odd. On the left I'm convinced he is wearing some country's flag. On the right he is a used car salesman who bought his clothes back in 1976 and has aged much better than my parents have.


He also is pictured wearing a tie with a cricket player. Like many a SciFi Channel movie, I can't tell if it's so bad it's good or if it's just plain bad. Either way I would buy this tie as an ironic Father's Day Present that, like many other "hilarious gifts", my dad just does not understand.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol bow ties. The quick and easy way to instantly ruin any look.

GLC said...

It doesn't ruin all looks. If you are trying to look like a wacky old man who doesn't give a fuck about what other people think, then a bow tie is cool. Your options are limited outside of that though.